Friday, August 1, 2014

Wheelbarrow Rustic Love

For the longest time I have wanted to make an all-wood wheelbarrow!  I do not have a garden so, one on my front porch with potted plants will be so charming.  Then I see pictures like this and I go, "That's it! I'm making one even if I don't know how to!"                                                                                               

                                               This picture is from http://patinaparadise3.blogspot.com

I now have to buy wood as all my supply of recycled wood has run out.  What a bummer (I do not like to use pallets, personal preference).

I'll let the pictures do the talking.  There's a lot of elbow grease involved but I have kept the pictures to few so that you will not be discouraged to make one yourself! haha!  Seriously, if I can make one, so can you!
























Since I could not get the hole-borer I bought to work for me, my husband improvised by using a normal power drill to bore the hole on the wheel and the rod holders.  Round and round and round he went slowly until the hole got big enough for the branch I had (yes, it's a branch).  Mind you, this wheelbarrow is for ornamental purpose only although I am quite sure it can function pretty well, too!






The size of the bucket alone is 25 inches at the longest part, 16 inches wide and 11 inches deep.

I didn't have nicer plants especially flowering ones, at this time so here it is, as is.                                                                                                                                          


Makes me wanna go out right now and buy some flowering plants and fill her up!  aaaarrrrgh!  I LOVE it so!








5 comments: