Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Quiet Christmas

Since my Dad's demise was a mere one month ago, it's kinda quiet around our house this Christmas. No decorations, no tree*, no lights.

*updated: I woke up this morning and found an elf had put up a Christmas tree lights and all, in the corner of our sitting room! (?)


But I did make some gingerbread cookies for the kids at the Daycare Centre - in the shape of houses. I hand-cut each one (what I won't do for these kids) before baking them as I don't know if a house-shaped cutter can be found anywhere.

The kids had fun icing them!




Then I decided to make some gingerbread men for my own distribution...

They started out pretty normal...

See? just a regular guy.


Then I started thinking, "How 'bout I change their eyes to make them look more gleeful...and ..and..add a bowtie here.."



"Oh, oh, can't have guys alone... should have some spunky gals..."



And then it kinda went out of control....."we could even go oriental...."



>
>
>
>
>
>
>


ummm....




Next time, I'll just stick to houses....









p/s
If you are enjoying reading this blog for leisure, sign up as a follower if you haven't already!
Muaks!

10 comments:

  1. You just put me in the mood to do some baking! I love all the spunky gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a whole-meal ginger bread family .. must hv been fun.A very Merry
    Christmas to you Val and family..
    andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew and family, have yourselves a very merry Christmas, too! so glad we're in touch again through blogs and facebook....

    ReplyDelete
  4. theresa sacket - yes, bet you can come up with quite some beauties. lemme see, lemme see, ok? Have a Blessed Christmas, theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Yum Yum
    Good read for the tum tum tum!
    Can't help but notice the last ginger had diapers on? lol! The kids are lucky to have you at the day-care...or is it the other way round? Cheers and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I is likes your cookies very much

    ReplyDelete
  7. PattieBoo - finally your comment came through. so sorry but i have no idea what happened and couldn't fix it either. no, I'm the blessed one to be teaching the kids...really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, you is very clever to likes my cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i said this earlier - why didnt i get a gingerbreadman - MAN, i got a gingerbread xmas tree ...
    keep the blogs rolling .... m gonna miss a lot of stories ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huda - yah, you sure need a gingerbread man alright...minus the gingerbread!
    hah! this blog helps me stay in touch with friends who decide to leave me. but i write a whole page of several paragraphs with pictures to boot and i get a few lines in reply. sigh.

    ReplyDelete