I think I have pretty good resistance when I go shopping. Very rarely do I find something that I have to have. Today was one of the rare occasions I succumbed.
How pretty is this set? A darling teapot with a matching cup. Only 10 ringgit. The last set.
(or I would've bought you one, right? Righhhhhttt...)
See the details?
So I brewed some tea for it (tea is such an English thing, don't you think?)
Then it had to be placed on my cupboard, Lady Victoria. (You can read about Lady Victoria when you click on the purple)
Now that's royalty. English tea with a Lady.
Now set the stage:
1. One ladder picked up off a roadside, where it was dumped with other scrap pieces of wood and junk. Yes, I should get a job with Alam Flora.Dry-brushed the ladder a little here and there with white emulsion paint to make it (me) happier. (shown in later picture)
2. One antique-looking clock, bought at Mydin (Mydin! Yes, that massive wholesale place where you can sometimes actually find something interesting.)
3. One metal teapot, bought at a used-thingy place for a miserable 3 ringgit! (US$1 something).
Planted an ivy in it.
4. One scruffy, badly-painted-in-green hurricane lamp rescued from mother-in-law's (who is moving house soon). Repainted it with black streaks and a pop of red.
5. One crochet piece made by a Thai dentist friend (miss you, Moh Toom!)
6. One wooden crate found by roadside probably used for mandarin oranges during Chinese New Year.
Now using it, as is, for magazines...
Now put that together...
7. Two leftover scraps of laminate flooring. Hammered together, then painted it red and black, with a white bird design.
Now put it all together under the stairs.
Royalty and Commoner make a beautiful sight.
And yes, happy for you too, Prince William and Katherine.
Oh, oh. Look at the words on the teapot....
Hope that every time you have tea together, you'll remember to be thankful for each other. I know that'll sure help keep one royal couple together. Ummm...that'll help keep any couple together, royal or not. Don't you think?
* love all the comments that have been coming in and I've tried to reply nearly all of them! Please put your comment at the bottom of the page. Also sign up as a follower (top, right) - I think you will then be notified each time there is an update.